On-Site Contract Manager (Warehouse)
- Location Livingston
- Category On-Site Contract Manager
- Salary / RateUp to £28k plus bonus
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an On-Site Contract Manager (Warehouse) looking to take their next step and join the team at trg logistics. trg Logistics is a privately owned specialist logistics UK company that has a number of blue chip clients across the UK.
The On-Site Contract Manager is responsible for all aspects of one of our blue chip contracts to ensure that a high quality consistent service is delivered to meet client requirements. This role will be responsible for delivering on the KPIs and SLA, managing the on site team to ensure daily operations run smoothly.
- Fully manage the Contract from recruitment, building effective client relationships to operational delivery
- Meet with the client on a weekly basis to review SLA/KPIs
- Consistently achieve weekly KPIs
- Monitor, forecast and report on the financial performance of site
- Line management of the on site team including motivation, target setting and development
- Oversee the daily implementation of the operational plan
- Regular updates and timely escalation of risk/issues to line manager
- Translate strategic and longer term objectives of trg into feasible and understandable solutions for the on site team
- Strong client relationships and creation of positive client perception of trg
- Fully understand client requirements and ensure they get fulfilled consistently
- Recruitment of Warehouse staff and other staff locally to meet demands
- Accountable for the calibre of workers selected to work for client accounts and recruiting methods are in line with Company procedures
- Co-ordinate with the Operations/Recruitment Team for advertising and marketing needs
- Plan and organise the assessment process for all Warehouse staff
- Accountable for overall compliance at sites and ensure plans for contingencies are in place
- Complete costings accurately for worker’s pay on a weekly basis
- Effective staff management including absence, pay queries, performance, retention, etc
- Undertake investigations and conduct disciplinary/grievances as and when required
- Plan and organise the induction process for new starters including a meet and greet and issuing of welcome packs/uniforms, etc
- Responsible for accurate accident reporting and any insurance/claim issue that may rise
- Maximise all opportunities onsite
- Reduce spend wherever possible i.e. 2nd Tier Agency
- Accountable for exceeding budget, driving results to achieve required P&L
- Act in a calm, professional and proactive manner at all times
- The On-Site Contract Manager will take a flexible approach to their working arrangements, particularly in relation to re-assignment of duties that may be necessary when colleagues are away or during peak periods of work.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
Experience and Skills:
- Proven experience of contract management ideally in the Warehousing environment
- Experience of building effective client relationships at all levels
- Experienced and successful at management and delivering results.
- Presentation, selling and negotiation skills, together with the ability to produce results.
- Experience of working with various reporting and forecasting tools.
- Experience of strong people management skills and enjoys a challenge and working to targets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to establish rapport with a variety of stakeholders at all organisational levels
- Excellent client facing skills with the ability to build effective and sustainable relationships
- Self-driven, proactive and results-oriented with a positive outlook, a clear focus on quality and business profit.
- Outstanding numerical and budgeting skills
- Uses own initiative and uses good judgement to make decisions
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Very good computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Have strong leadership skills and be able to motivate and encourage good team work
- Be analytical and methodical in your approach to problems
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- The ability to effectively handle a busy and varied workload, meet tight deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Resilient and able to work in an organisation that is undergoing change due to development and growth
- ‘Can-Do’ attitude
- Proactive and positive approach to working
- Professional and presentable at all times